I like building software. I've worked in tech for over ten years and live near Philadelphia.
Where I've worked
- I currently work at GitHub as a senior engineer building infrastructure automation and tooling.
- Wildbit on Postmark, an API-driven product that's the best way to send transactional email. I was a team lead and full-stack engineer focused on scaling and reliability, writing code in C# and Ruby and operating MySQL, Elasticsearch, and RabbitMQ.
- Relay Network, a startup changing the way people communicate with business. I was an engineer writing code in Clojure.
- Algorithmics a fintech company in the collateral/risk management space which was bought by IBM. I was an engineer writing an ASP.NET web app interacting with a SOAP backend.
- DVRPC a regional planning organization. I was a web developer building JS applications.
Find me at
Feel free to contact me at: [email protected]
I explored analyzing the Elasticsearch codebase to find all of the configurable setting values to put them all in one place. Code to generate the list is found in the elasticsearch-bblfsh repo.
I made a JS map thing that lets you search for a place name and see where it (and other similar names) are located in the US. I like finding the outliers. Like Beach, North Dakota.
I had a problem of following different provider's status pages for updates when they post issues. This Chrome extension periodically checks RSS feeds and pops a notification when it detects a new entry to alert you.
subscribe via RSS